Sunday, September 7, 2008

HERE'S TO ADDISON....

In honor of style maverick, idea man & shade meister, Addison DeWitt, here's more of the genius, Calvin Klein.



The icon himself - no doubt contemplating his design philosophy and his wealth.
_________________________________________________________________________




Iman - serving poses like nobody's damn business. She is giving you clean lines, shape, movement, composition, emotion and luxury, all in the name of CALVIN.
_
__________________________________


The image that rocked the nation, starring Brooke (no panty wearing) Shields.
___________________________________________________





Calvin giving me Middle East, Far East and Upper East Side all wrapped up into one. Calvin rarely did 'ethnic', but when he did, it was rich, clean and modern. I am living for this campaign from Fall 1981.
___________________________________________________________

More Brooke. As a kid, these knocked my socks off!!!!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOW U KNOW I LIVE LIVE LIVE

Charles' Chic Chat said...

I am living for that fall 1981 campaign too!! I have some photos from that collection in my copy of the book "W : The Designing Life" by Fairchild. Checkout my blog as I have a few pics of Antonio illustrations of the same millieu. I find the overscaled layering of the early-mid 80's so appropo right now.