Tuesday, December 11, 2007

WORDS OF WISDOM

Today's words of wisdom come from the incomparable, the indelible, the soulful, THE MIGHTY O'JAYS. Sometimes we have people in our lives who you think you know, you think you trust and who you think want happiness for you as you do them. But sometimes, unfortunately, your feelings are dashed. There are people out there who are so wrapped up in their own misery, suffering, pain, insecurities and unhappiness that they cannot see the forest for the trees. Those negative attributes sometime cloud the fact that you really love them and want the best for them. That is so sad. There is an old saying that 'Misery loves company', and no matter how cliche' you think it is, it is true. Insecurity and self doubt in my opinion are the root of most angst in the world - it breeds jealousy, envy, hatred, indifference, sabotage, rumors, etc. The reality is that these types take something that is completely internal and personal and visit it on those around them. They can have people around them who honestly love, respect and admire them, but that insecurity blinds them to their blessings. In announcing my good fortune of a new fab job (and I am by no means a braggart), I have had people who were suspect show their truest colors. But I just say 'God bless you and I pray you find true happiness and peace'. I know that is very Iyanla Vanzant, but it is very true. They WILL NOT draw me into their web of negativity. I will remain positive and triumphant and focus my energy on the many people who love, support and wish me the best. So, thank you to the O'Jays for their warning against these types of folks. They can be living next door, working in the cubicle across from you, sleeping in your bed or saying Hallelujah! next to you at church. Look out for THE BACK STABBERS.

(What they do)
(They smile in your face)
All the time they want to take your place
The back stabbers (back stabbers)....
........low down, dirty....
......Smiling faces tell lies (back stabbers)
They smile in your face...I don't need low down dirty bastards.



Y'all betta preach!!!!!!!!

No comments: