Sunday, October 5, 2008

GIGANTA


Recently on America's Next Top Model, the girls participated in a photo shoot where they had to depict natural disasters of California. They were each put on a set with little cars and buildings to give the effect that they were giants (see above). The obvious inspiration for this shoot was ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT WOMAN:




_______________________________________________________________________



But at further glance, I 'd bet my bottom dollar on where this shoot truly originated from. ALLURE magazine did a shoot in the mid-90's entitled BODZILLA starring supes of the day like Helena Christensen, Stephanie Seymour, Bridget Hall and Naomi Campbell, among others. They were photoshopped into shots of Times Square, NYC. The affect was rather campy at best, but funny enough I remembered the shoot. Scary enough, I had kept it in my library!!! Here were a few of my favorite (cheesy) shots:

Elle Macpherson
____________________________________

Naomi Campbell
_____________________________________

Meghan Douglas
_____________________________________

Linda Evangelista


No comments: