Monday, October 13, 2008

SLICE OF PIE - FERNANDO

Went to live model drawing last night with friend and former professor Boyway. I was in a bit of a strange mood, not finding my rhythm while drawing - I have so many things going on in my life that my brain felt overloaded with stress, thoughts and no focus. I started drawing the first model, who was great, but my mind wasn't totally into nude life drawing with classical Greco-Roman posing. I had honestly been hoping for more high fashion drawing.

Well, in walked Fernando. Nice guy. Great model. Beautiful features. A real pleasure to draw. He has such a great frame to draw - lean, muscular and angular. But, what he had that was so special was his ability to be strong, yet relaxed. He brought the fashion edge that I needed, I let go of some of the negative energy and I was able to enjoy the class and end up with some sketches with which I was happy. Thanks Boyway and thanks Fernando!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVELY DRAWINGS!!!!