Tuesday, October 14, 2008

HALLELUJAH!!!

Ok, I had my I-Phone stolen early last week. What was so upsetting was not the actual loss of the phone, it was the loss of my faith in people. To have someone knowingly take something from me diminished my view of others. It was taken by this man with a wife and an infant baby in line at COSTCO of all places. Karma can be a real bitch and I will leave it at that. He will get his - end of that part of the story.

The store was very helpful and understanding and really did everything they could to help, including looking at security tapes. What compounded my frustration though was the reaction of the police.

I preface this by saying that I apologize to anyone who may be a police or who may love a police, but honestly, most of them aren't worth a pile of dried up horse shit with 2 dead flies on top. My experience with police is very little, thank heaven, but when I have had to interface with them, all I see is arrogance, a horrible sense of entitlement, laziness, coldness and being severely jaded. Between the cynicism of one of the cops and the slimeball antics of the other one trying to put his mack down on the pretty boriqua supervisor lady, I felt like I was disturbing their day by calling them about a theft. ASSHOLES!!!!! I am so sorry, but if I hear someone call an NYPD cop a hero again, I am going to vomit. I fluctuate between laughing and being angry when I read the side of their cars - COURTESY, PROFESSIONALISM & RESPECT. That is a laugh riot. They should be arrested for disorderly public bullshitting.

But, I digress. I am so thankful that I am fortunate enough to just easily go out and buy another one. Hopefully my AMEX will cover the theft under my insurance. If not - I am still blessed. So blessed that I feel like doing this:

No comments: