Friday, October 31, 2008

INGRID MICHAELSON - BE OK

I really love this song. So simple and straightforward. You know I love a big wailing broad sangin', but sometimes we need a bit of subtlety and mellowness to soothe our throbbing brains that are already filled with enough stuff. This girl reminds me a bit of Norah Jones and early Nelly Furtado with a little dash of Jewel thrown in. Don't we all sometimes just connect with the sad white girl angst? I guess we all have a bit of her in us, and there is nothing wrong with that. Hell, we are ALL connected on some level anyway.
I also love that she is so plain and everyday looking, not made up like a circus pony with drags makeup and wardrobe. She is out of Staten Island and still lives at home in her parents basement. She seems genuine and sometimes that feels more right than a bumpin' beat. Don't we all just want to be OK, if only for today?!?


No comments: